Object of Major Research Grants:
SRCFC Major Grants support biomedical research into Solving the Puzzles of the Mind focused on the following:
- The causes of Puzzles of the Mind, such as Dyslexia and Autism, especially as it affects children.
- The causes and eventual cure of cognitive impairments such as Alzheimer’s Disease and other neurodegenerative diseases.
- Research into other Puzzles of the Mind may be considered.
Note: The focus of the research should be on the causes and cure of the disease as opposed to the active treatment or palliative care.
- Applications are limited to researchers who have no more than five (5) years experience as an independent investigator as of January 1, 2022. The Foundation will consider with acceptable justification, breaks in the applicant’s research career due to maternity or parental leave, extended sick leave, clinical training, and family care.
- Updated – The Foundation will consider delays due to COVID which could extend the eligibility period up to one year.
- A researcher who is designated as the Principal Investigator on the research grant must be based in, or formally affiliated with (but not necessarily receive salary support from), an eligible Canadian Host Institution such as a university, research institute or health care agency. The Foundation does not consider trainees including Postdoctoral Fellows, research assistants or research associates to be eligible to apply as the Principal Investigator.
- Research projects must be endorsed by the Research Services Department or equivalent of the University, Hospital or Research Institute.
- Research must be carried out within Canada.
The value of the grants is a maximum of $40,000 per year for a period of up to 3 years. The deadline for receipt of applications is April 30, 2022. When the deadline falls on a weekend or holiday, the next business day will be considered the deadline date.
The Research Grant application package consists of the following items: Research Grant Form and Application Guide. Please note that only the 2022 version of the application forms will be accepted. All applicants MUST refer to the Application Guide when completing an application.
For questions about this program please contact:
The Awards Committee
Scottish Rite Charitable Foundation of Canada
4 Queen Street South
Hamilton, Ontario L8P 3R3
Phone 905 522-0033
Note that the Research Application Guide and the Application Guide Form will download automatically with the following links:
The Research Grant application package consists of the following items: Research Grant Application Form – 2022 and Research Grant Application Guide – 2022 – Updated. The form has been designed to be completed in Adobe Acrobat or Adobe Reader. Please note that only the 2022 version of the application forms will be accepted. All applicants MUST refer to the Research Grant Application Guide – 2022 -Updated when completing an application.
Applicants must submit the completed application form electronically including all supporting documentation in PDF format to firstname.lastname@example.org on or before April 30, 2022. When the deadline falls on a weekend or holiday, the next business day will be considered the deadline date. Applications submitted in other formats will not be accepted for review and the application will be rejected without review.
This submission should consist of two files. The Research Grant Application Form – 2022 PDF form (in original, fillable format) and one PDF file containing all additional relevant information. Ensure that the total size of these two files does not exceed 20 MBs. Contact the Office if your files are too large.
Original signatures are no longer required. The electronic form can be digitally signed.
Files should be named with the following convention – Lastname_SRCF_Application_20XX and Lastname_SRCF_Appendices_20XX.
The following are listings of currently funded grants by competition year:
|Competition Year||Deadline Date||Type of Award|
|2021-2022||April 30, 2021||Research Grants|
|2020-2021||April 30, 2020||Research Grants|
|2019-2020||April 30, 2019||Research Grants|
|2018-2019||April 30, 2018||Research Grants|
|2017-2018||April 30, 2017||Research Grants|
Previously Awarded Grants and Studentships
Grantees and Graduate Student Awards listed by year